Video poker is considered to be one of the most exciting and unpredictable card games. The rules of the online game are identical to those of traditional poker; the only difference is the dynamics and the speed of the game. When you play online video poker for real money, the main objective is to create as many winning combinations as possible.
The basic rules of the game are the following. You play with a deck of 52 cards, which can be formed into certain combinations. Sometimes, many video poker games use several decks per game to intensify the feeling, and additionally, they use a joker to help the user win in the game more often.
As a general rule, there are a maximum of 9 (sometimes 10) combinations in video poker, with the top one being Royal Flush, which is a set of card from ace to tens all of a specific suit. In addition, you can make a combination of a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three, two pairs, and a pair.
The combinations are the same as in standard poker, and go like this (listed from the lowest to highest):
- High Card - When players have the same combinations, the winner in video poker online or standard poker is the player with the highest of the cards not in the combination.
- A pair - Two of the same cards, if both players have a pair, the higher pair wins
- Two Pairs - Two pairs, the winner is the player with the higher pairs
- Tris (Three of a Kind) - Three cards of the same rank, the winner is the player with the higher rank
- Straight - A hand of five cards in consecutive ranking, with or without an Ace, regardless of the suit
- Flush - A hand of five cards of the same suit, not consecutive in value
- Full House - A combination of three of a kind and a pair, so three of the same cards together with two of the same cards
- Four of a Kind - A hand composed of four of the same rank cards, with one more card
- Straight Flush - Five cards of the same suit in consecutive ranking
- Royal Flush - A hand composed of an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit, unless it is a tie, the player of the video poker wins.
When playing online, you should take into consideration that not all combinations are taken into account and paid for the same way in different versions of the game. It is important to still check the combinations in the game rules before you start playing, to make sure that you are on the same page with the game. The greatest advantage to playing this game online is that you are the only player receiving the cards against the casino - so you have no competition. Moreover, the win depends on the combination you have collected, and the bet you have made - the higher the combination, the greater is your win.